2023 was another milestone year for us at MedStack.
Earlier this year, we were pleased to announce the ability to deploy HIPAA-compliant AWS services on MedStack Control, giving customers more freedom of choice and the ability to build cloud-redundant contingency plans.
And this past fall, we announced the acquisition and launch of Exos by MedStack, further bolstering our existing platform offering and cementing MedStack as an emerging leader that is disrupting the healthcare compliance industry.
Other notable product updates included:
- Major security and performance updates to all of our customer environments, continuing to ensure the highest level of privacy and security compliance and further strengthening our customers’ security posture
- Expanded self-service maintenance to include maintenance on managed Docker services, notably with the release of the Traefik load balancer upgrade
- Support for custom roles with granular permissions in Exos by MedStack, allowing organizations to create compliance programs with the exact level of privileges employees need
- Support for HIPAA, PIPEDA and PHIPA policies and procedures in Exos by MedStack
- General availability of flexible database servers, supporting Azure’s best-in-class managed database service in MedStack Control clusters
- Expanded MedStack Control API capabilities to monitor Docker container states using the /tasks endpoint
- The successful completion of our annual SOC 2 Type 2 examination
- The launch of compliance support for GDPR in the UK and EU, backed by our second annual Cyber Essentials Plus certification
- Earning the distinction as the #1 HIPAA compliance solution by G2, the world’s largest and most trusted software marketplace, along with our very first G2 Leader badge in the Healthcare Compliance category
- Being recognized as the “Best Overall Healthcare Cybersecurity Company” in 2023 by MedTech Breakthrough, an independent market intelligence organization
We also want to recognize some of the incredible milestones that our community of digital health application innovators have achieved over the past year:
- FluidAI launched its Stream™ Platform, a non-invasive, AI-powered postoperative monitor that supports patient recovery
- Pixee Medical launched its AR Knee+ solution for total knee arthroplasty (TKA) and has already surpassed 5,000 AR surgeries performed from Europe to Malaysia using its device
- Vital Audio, a US-based leader in voice biomarker software, announced a major partnership with Tele911 and aims to serve 10 million people by the end of 2024
- Tortus AI, a next-generation AI co-pilot for doctors in the UK, has been quickly expanding after proving significant improvements in clinic note quality, clinic letter quality, and consultation length
- PharmaGuide, an innovative patient portal that uses AI to streamline drug coverage processes, was selected by Pfizer as one of the winners of its open call to help address the challenges facing today’s healthcare systems
- MAPflow announced its partnership with the Canadian Pharmacists Association, supporting its rapid expansion in pharmacies across Canada
- Virtual Hallway, a platform designed to foster open communication among medical professionals, landed major deals with PEI Health and the Nova Scotia Health Authority
As we look ahead to 2024, we remain as focused as ever on our mission of dismantling the biggest barriers to digital health commercialization by enabling high privacy and security standards for all of those working tirelessly to improve healthcare outcomes.
Thank you to our customers, partners, investors, and so many others in our community for your ongoing support. And from all of us here at MedStack, we wish you and your loved ones a safe, healthy and happy holiday season.