Welcome to a new year – our fourth! 2019 is going to be something significant for us and for our value digital health innovation customers as well. This year we press the gas on everything.
We hit a major milestone for our network in 2018, closing the year with over 50 digital health applications live on our platform across three continents. They range from patient engagement to chronic disease management, mental health to senior care coordination, telemedicine to connected medical devices and more.
HIMSS has just published their Healthcare Trends Forecast for the year. HIMSS predicts that this year, digital health innovators will be called upon to deliver and prove results:
- Specifically, a few emergent technologies will take the centre stage in real-world application: AI, VR/AR, wearables, digital therapeutics and voice technologies, Blockchain – all of which are represented in our customer base.
- Consumer pressure will continue to bring both big consumer brands as well as consumer value expectations to the healthcare industry; it’s this drive that pushes many of our customers to do what they do.
- Social determinants of health will fall under the responsibility of the digital health innovation ecosystem umbrella. We already see this in the large percentage of the MedStack network that is focused on delivering better, more timely and effective mental health solutions.
- We are nowhere near surprised that data privacy and security is on this year’s list, as it has been for the last few years. If we can’t keep our patients’ data safe in a fully transparent manner, then we can’t engage them in new technology approaches to make healthcare better. That’s why we do what we do at MedStack.
Watch for more news from us soon on all we’re doing in 2019 to capture and build on these trends to make it easier for our community of disrupters to be successful in moving digital health forward. We will also be at HIMSS in Orlando in a week to discuss all this and show off MedStack Control. Will you be there? Let’s meet up, soak up some Floridian sun and talk about changing the world at the HIMSS 19 Global Conference & Exhibition.
We have lots of event activity planned for the year, in fact! Scroll down to see some of our schedule.
Meet the Newest Members of Our Community
We couldn’t be prouder to introduce the following new members of our digital health innovation community. Like all our customers, their cloud-based solutions are being integrated with our platform to ensure ongoing protection and privacy compliance of their patients’ data:
- Tao Connect – online mental help therapy supplemented with educational content
- Eve Medical – connected, smart womens’ health at-home screening devices
- Homecare Hub – homecare services marketplace
- Reformulary – medical cannabis and prescription drugs decision support
The MedStack Team Has Grown Too!
As we ramp up our aggressive plans for 2019, we’re building a stronger, more dynamic and diverse team to help us achieve our goals. We’re proud to welcome:
- Jay Rockliffe, our new VP of Marketing and Growth, who brings 20+ years creative, brand and demand generation experience across healthcare, tech and so many other sectors, at both ends of our continent. He’ll be leading all our efforts in brand, community story-telling, messaging and content.
- Simone Giacomel to our Engineering team as our newest Software Developer. Simone has extensive full-stack development experience in a number of sectors, with a particular knack for infrastructure management automation and industries with a high sensitivity towards data protection and security.
We are hiring for a number of other roles in our company in both the business and technical arenas. If you’ve got a passion for startups and entrepreneurship, cloud data security or healthcare innovation, we’d love to talk to you. Join us, and we’ll celebrate with cake.
A few wins to celebrate amongst our community:
- TrekIt called out as a Philadelphia company to watch in 2019
- Careteam was on stage at the Startup Health Festival
- Repisodic introduced their new transitional care solution Repisodic Choice
- Resolve Digital Health announced a new research partnership focused on the application of medical cannabis for cancer care
- HealthCasa‘s CEO Karen Klein will be pitching as a finalist at the Total Mom Show
We are also very pleased to announce our brand new Clients page, which we will use to showcase and provide visibility to our amazing community of digital health entrepreneurs. Please have a look!
Ahead of the Curve – Vancouver BC, February 7
Our CEO Balaji Gopalan will be in attendance and spending time meeting up with our valued Vancouver customers and partners.
Health Innovation Week – Toronto ON, April 1-5
Kicking off on our 4th birthday! Watch for news on a special event we’ll be hosting during the week.
Hamilton Health Innovation Week – Hamilton ON, April 29 – May 3
Coming home to where MedStack was launched, we’re proud to participate again.