Onboarding onto a vendor’s platform can be a daunting experience.
Every company has different procedures, and it can be challenging to anticipate what steps will be taken, and how much time needs to be set aside for a successful onboarding.
At MedStack, we walk you through every step of our efficient process that has been used to successfully onboard hundreds of customers.
To demystify the process, here is a rundown of what you can expect before, during and after your MedStack onboarding process. Welcome!
Before Onboarding Begins
Before onboarding officially begins, a MedStack Account Executive will guide you through the process of creating a company account on MedStack Control. If you are not familiar with how two-factor authentication works, this is the time to ask. You also have the option to read our extensive documentation prior to creating your account.
Next, an Account Executive will create your MedStack subscription.
Step 1: Welcome Email
A MedStack Customer Success Manager and Account Executive will coordinate behind the scenes to prepare for a smooth and effective onboarding kickoff. Then, your Account Executive will send a welcome email, formally introducing you to your Customer Success Manager. They will be your primary point of contact throughout your journey in scaling your digital health application with MedStack.
Step 2: Set up the Onboarding Call
After you receive your welcome email, your Customer Success Manager will respond on the thread with a follow-up onboarding email. The purpose of this email is to schedule an onboarding session with you, the Account Executive and an Application Support Engineer.
Step 3: Set up the Platform Onboarding Checklist
After the onboarding call has been scheduled, your Customer Success Manager will create a MedStack Platform Onboarding Checklist for you. They will then send you an invitation to the checklist using our preferred project management software.
This step is important, as we have taken learnings from over 100+ implementations and built this resource to help our customers launch on MedStack faster. All of the steps for implementing on MedStack are laid out in detail and our recommendations and answers to commonly asked questions during each implementation step are addressed there. If you have any questions about the checklist, or your company board on the project management software, they will be addressed at the onboarding call.
Step 4: The Onboarding Call
Here is a sample agenda for a typical MedStack onboarding call.
1. The first step in an onboarding call is the introductions. This is a crucial component of the process, as we believe that learning the healthcare mission of our customers is crucial to a successful partnership. In addition to your mission, some sample questions you may be asked are:
- Who is your patient population?
- What medical problem(s) are you aiming to solve?
- What are the sales channel(s) you use?
2. Based on information provided by the Account Executive, you and your Customer Success Manager can discuss your specific compliance needs and timeline for launch.
3. Run-through of the checklist, with an explanation of the different sections, as well as the technical team’s responsibilities.
4. You will be shown how to access resources:
- How our compliance policies apply to you
- How to submit industry compliance questions and VSAs, and how we will respond to them using our answer library
- Best practices on preparing your application for deployment in our environment
- How to test connections and application status
- How to leverage MedStack’s co-marketing resources to tell your story and share news
- How to submit technical support tickets. Production issues are all hands on deck, powered by our Pager service
- Reminders about prepay agreements and your timelines as they may apply
5. Your Customer Success Manager gives you an overview of next steps, and plans a follow-up.
If you have any questions, this call is an excellent opportunity to ask.
Step 5: Implementation
Implementation looks different for every customer, as every company is different. However, in MedStack’s implementation process, there are consistencies across customers in terms of support from our team.
After one week, your Customer Success Manager will check in on you. They will evaluate whether you are experiencing any difficulties during onboarding, and step in to help if necessary.
This step repeats after 2 weeks, and at the 4-week mark as well. You can submit support tickets at any point during your implementation process, and do not need to wait for these check-in milestones.
Your Customer Success Manager checks all company boards on the project management software and reviews related support tickets, as well as any emails from you. After onboarding, you can still submit support tickets whenever you have any problems, and the MedStack team will be there for you.
If you want to learn more about MedStack Control, book a demo today!