Join our Team
We are a team driven to making healthcare work better, by enabling more bold innovators to contribute solutions to patients, families, caregivers, providers, scientists and insurers. It's a huge challenge, but we are a team that embraces big problems. Do things that matter. Join us.
Sales Development Representative
(Based in Canada, work-from-home, salaried + commission + equity + benefits)
MedStack is on a mission to transform the process of healthcare innovation. Our company is an award-winning startup backed by prominent VCs and is a successful graduate of 500 Startups, the Creative Destruction Lab, and the DMZ Sales Accelerator. We were named a TechCrunch Top Pick in 2019, and in 2020 were recognized by the Canadian Innovation Exchange as one of Canada’s Top 20 early-stage technology companies, as well as one of the Top 50 digital health disruptors in Canada by PwC and CB Insights. We are looking to grow our team with the addition of an experienced Sales Development Representative to seek and build new relationships with prospective customers and accelerate our revenue growth opportunities..
Our product, MedStack Control, is an out-of-the-box privacy compliance automation platform built specifically for digital health startups. We enable cloud healthcare application developers to build, launch, and scale digital health apps quickly, easily and affordably. Our customers are building solutions for telemedicine, mental health, smart medical devices, patient engagement, chronic condition management, genomics research, healthcare billing and more.
But we are also an ecosystem – a community that champions startups and entrepreneurship. Our customers work with us and with each other to tackle the world’s biggest problem, making healthcare more efficient, accessible, economical and effective.
MedStack is primarily an inside sales organization with relatively short sales cycles working with early-to-mid-stage startup founders building digital health products. We often sell directly to the founders, who typically assume the CEO and CTO roles, however, the end users of MedStack Control are those who compose the software development teams.
In this new role created to meet the demand of our growing clients and community, you will be responsible for identifying, researching and qualifying new prospects from many different sources. You will develop strong business relationships, learn an empathetic sales approach and be expected to occasionally engage with developers in high-level technical discussions. The perfect candidate for this role is an organized, diligent, people-person, who loves the startup journey, and would enjoy being creative in finding new business opportunities for MedStack.
We are on a bold and ambitious mission, and, as such, are offering exponential career growth opportunities – join us.
- Be the first point of customer contact for potential MedStack customers:
- Connect with, and qualify, inbound leads delivered from the Marketing organization.
- Source, research and get in contact with new prospects from a myriad of outbound sources.
- Communicating with prospects over the phone, email and social media.
- Schedule and conduct discovery calls with prospects.
- Meet or exceed quarterly sales development targets.
- Learn and articulate a compelling value proposition for MedStack Control.
- Maintain a robust book of thousands of prospects with very high CRM compliance.
- Comfortable building and testing Hubspot automation.
- Open to travel in a safe, post-pandemic environment.
- 1+ years of B2B software sales experience
- Top-notch communication skills (verbal and written)
- Genuine interest in helping others
- Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision
- History of thriving in startup environment and exceeding sales targets
- Self-organization, detail oriented, consistent
- Strong technical background in the software development lifecycle and cloud native computing (not mandatory, but desirable)
- Passion for startup ecosystems and continuous learning, with a strong preference for those with personal technology entrepreneurship experience
- MedStack is a remote-first company. Each team member has a distinct set of responsibilities and is self-directed, working from home. We rely on video conferencing and extensive Slack communication.
- We celebrate as a team, speak frankly, plan, tackle challenges and learn from each other.
- We have high standards for professionalism, dynamics and a love of tough problems. Our core product is digital security infrastructure and everything from our team processes to our brand reflects a culture of facts-first, entrepreneurship vs the status quo, celebrating our customers’ success before ours and collaboration and openness.
- We are a flat organization and we have stringent and bold objectives on diversity and inclusion. This position is salaried with a generous benefits and vacation package, and includes variable commission based on achieving sales targets. You will have the opportunity to partake in the company’s employee stock option plan, and there is no better time to come into an early-stage award-winning company that is redefining an industry with a strong brand.
- Shortlisted candidates will be offered a short, paid test project to work on in order to assess fit and ability.
Recruitment Agencies: Please do NOT apply