Join our Team
We are a team driven to making healthcare work better, by enabling more bold innovators to contribute solutions to patients, families, caregivers, providers, scientists and insurers. It's a huge challenge, but we are a team that embraces big problems. Do things that matter. Join us.
Front-End / Full-Stack Developer
(Hamilton-based strongly-preferred, work-from-home, salaried + equity + benefits)
MedStack is a venture-backed award-winning startup financed by prominent VCs and is a successful graduate of 500 Startups (TechCrunch pick) and the Creative Destruction Lab. We’re on a mission to empower the process of healthcare innovation and are looking to grow our technology team with the addition of a Front-End Developer / Full-Stack Developer to focus on feature additions and user journey in our new self-service offering MedStack Control.
Our business is a subscription-based platform, but we are also an ecosystem, a community that champions startups and entrepreneurship. Our customers work with us and each other to tackle the world’s biggest problem, making healthcare more efficient, accessible, economical and effective. We embrace automation, security, collaboration, startup empowerment, creative problem-solving and user workflow.
About Our Product
Over the past year, we’ve built and released our new product, MedStack Control, a self-service dashboard that allows our clients to monitor, provision and manage secure and compliant infrastructure. Privacy & security requirements are one of the biggest barriers to entry for companies looking to build digital health applications due to the strict requirements their customers (hospitals, insurance companies, public health, clinic networks and patient populations themselves) must adhere to.
Our product is built using:
- Supported by Python and GoLang
- Built using Docker, Azure & AWS
- We also use ElasticSearch, Kibana
- We manage a CI/CD pipeline for deployment among other tools.
About The Role
- Architecture and development of MedStack Control user interface and features, ability to communicate the business value and ease of use for our target user segment
- Ownership of our UI framework strategy, including evaluating, recommending and implementing new frameworks and tools as necessary to optimize our stack for robustness
- Integration with internal system-level APIs, DevOps influenced workflows, security best-practices and third-party libraries and services as necessary (billing, monitoring, etc)
- Support for our customer community by way of technical problem solving as first triaged by Support and assisting in scoping of new customer requests as prioritized by Product Management
- Participation in standups, sprint planning, pair coding, code reviews and architecture and roadmap discussions
- Some familiarity with DevOps culture and processes, experience with cloud providers (AWS, Azure or Google Cloud) is an asset
- Comfort working in small collaborative teams with independent ownership and self-direction
- Familiarity with and comfort with remote work environments is a plus, integrating digital collaboration tools such as Slack and videoconferencing
- Experience with building B2B SaaS products is a plus
- Superior communication skills – we work largely remotely and so rely heavily on how we communicate problems, opinions, plans and solutions to each other
- A portfolio of personal projects that demonstrate your interest and coding ability (eg Github repository) isn’t essential, but preferred
- MedStack is a remote work culture company. Each team member has a distinct set of responsibilities and is self-directed, mostly working from home. We rely on video conferencing and Slack communication.
- We meet as a team at least twice a month to celebrate our wins, open the floor for discussion, plan and tackle challenges as well as learning from each other/sharing our experiences. .
- For this position, because of team structure, we are prioritizing candidates based in the Hamilton area where other members of our development team reside.
- We have high standards for specificity, accuracy, and quality. Our core product is digital security infrastructure and everything from our team processes to our brand reflects a culture of facts-first, entrepreneurship vs the status quo, celebrating our customers’ success before ours and collaboration and openness.
- We are not hierarchical and we have stringent and bold objectives on diversity and inclusion (nearly half our current team identifies as female)
- This position is intermediate salaried with a generous benefits and vacation package. You will have the opportunity to partake in the company’s employee stock option plan, and there is no better time to come into an early-stage award-winning company that is redefining an industry with a strong brand.
- Candidates should be prepared for a small live pseudo-coding challenge in the interviewing process.
- Selected candidates will be offered a limited scope but company-valuable project to build on their own time via a small paid contract. This code and the development strategy behind it will be evaluated as a final step towards offer of the full-time position.
Recruitment Agencies: Please do NOT apply