Join our Team
We are a team driven to making healthcare work better, by enabling more bold innovators to contribute solutions to patients, families, caregivers, providers, scientists and insurers. It's a huge challenge, but we are a team that embraces big problems. Do things that matter. Join us.
Customer Success Manager
(Based in Canada, work-from-home, salaried + bonus + equity + benefits)
MedStack is on a mission to transform the process of healthcare innovation. Our company is an award-winning startup backed by prominent VCs and is a successful graduate of 500 Startups (TechCrunch pick), the Creative Destruction Lab, and the DMZ Sales Accelerator. We are looking to grow our team with the addition of a dedicated and experienced Customer Success Manager to manage relationships and advocate for the developers using our platform.
Our product is an out-of-the-box privacy compliance solution built specifically for the needs of the digital health industry. We combine privacy compliance, security, tooling and infrastructure into a single turnkey developer platform, all at an affordable monthly cost.
But we are also an ecosystem – a community that champions startups and entrepreneurship. Our customers work with us and with each other to tackle the world’s biggest problem, making healthcare more efficient, accessible, economical and effective.
In this newly-created role, you will proactively develop strong relationships with each of our customers, with the goal of understanding how we can help propel their business towards success, both will the tools we already have in place today, and the tools we will and/or should develop in the future. You will learn their business inside out and have a constant pulse on their level of satisfaction with our platform and services, with an eye towards improving retention, building strong customer loyalty, and growth in revenue and engagement. You will advocate for our customers’ needs and align them to our own business objectives to achieve mutual success. This role is a mix of sales, technical and product support, marketing, and account management and as such, you will be required to wear many hats. You are a creative-problem solver, a people person, willing to roll up your sleeves, and have a strong, natural instinct and passion for the technology entrepreneur’s journey.
- Master the MedStack Control product and be an advocate for our platform
- Be the first point of customer contact and proactively own the business relationship:
- Manage technical onboarding of all new customers
- Schedule regular customer check-in calls
- Own our Account Management CRM
- Internal reporting on customer status, news, issues, and resolutions
- Moderate customer support forum
- Identify case study and co-marketing opportunities
- Champion usage and sales of new product features with our existing customer base
- Define, implement and track our leading customer success indicators
- Provide input on product support documentation
- Provide feedback to sales, marketing and product management
- Influence the product roadmap based on developers’ needs and providing the best possible developer experience
- 3+ years’ software engineering experience, B2B Tech Sales or Account Management
- Strong technical background in back-end software / cloud / DevOps
- Top-notch communication skills (verbal and written)
- Genuine interest in helping others
- Leadership / evangelism
- Self-organization, really detail oriented
- Be able to support after-hours events such as meetups
- Passion for startup ecosystems and continuous learning, with a strong preference for those with personal technology entrepreneurship experience
- Healthcare services experience NOT required (don’t want applications from people who’ve just worked at hospitals but not tech)
- MedStack is a remote-first company. Each team member has a distinct set of responsibilities and is self-directed, working from home. We rely on video conferencing and heavy Slack communication extensively.
- We celebrate as a team, speak frankly, plan, tackle challenges and learn from each other.
- We have high standards for professionalism, dynamics and a love of tough problems. Our core product is digital security infrastructure and everything from our team processes to our brand reflects a culture of facts-first, entrepreneurship vs the status quo, celebrating our customers’ success before ours and collaboration and openness.
- We are not hierarchical and we have stringent and bold objectives on diversity and inclusion This position is salaried with a generous benefits and vacation package, and in the future may include variable commission based on customer satisfaction metrics. You will have the opportunity to partake in the company’s employee stock option plan, and there is no better time to come into an early-stage award-winning company that is redefining an industry with a strong brand.
- Shortlisted candidates will be offered a short, paid test project to work on in order to assess fit and ability.
Recruitment Agencies: Please do NOT apply