Join our Team
We are a team driven to making healthcare work better, by enabling more bold innovators to contribute solutions to patients, families, caregivers, providers, scientists and insurers. It's a huge challenge, but we are a team that embraces big problems. Do things that matter. Join us.
Customer Success Manager
(Toronto-based preferred, work-from-home, salaried + bonus + equity + benefits)
MedStack is on a mission to transform the process of healthcare innovation. The company is a venture-backed award-winning startup backed by prominent VCs and is a successful graduate of 500 Startups (TechCrunch pick) and the Creative Destruction Lab. We are looking to grow our technology team with the addition of a dedicated Customer Success Manager to manage relationships, success and to champion the business of our growing ecosystem of digital health startup clients.
Our product is a highly-advanced, automation-powered cloud hosting environment dedicated to digital health applications that automatically builds in and manages the privacy and security expectations that their customers (hospitals, insurance companies, public health and clinic networks, and patient populations themselves) adhere to, and that often create a massive barrier to innovation adoption. We currently have over 65 customers on our platform already across North America and beyond.
Our business is a subscription technology platform, but we are also an ecosystem – a community that champions startups and entrepreneurship. Our customers work with us and with each other to tackle the world’s biggest problem, making healthcare more efficient, accessible, economical and effective.
In this newly-created role, you will proactively develop strong relationships with each of our customers, with a goal of understanding how we can help propel their business towards success, both will the tools we already have in place today, and the tools we will and/or should develop in the future. You will learn their business inside out and have a constant pulse on their level of satisfaction with our platform and services, with an eye towards improving retention and building strong customer loyalty. You will advocate for our customers’ needs and align them to our own business objectives to achieve mutual success. This role is a mix of sales, marketing, and account management and as such, you will be required to wear many hats. You are a creative-problem solver, a people person, and willing to roll up your sleeves.
- Being the first point of contact for business relationship, fronting Sales and Tech Support
- Regular check-in calls and proactive outreach.
- Customer segmentation and analysis.
- Reporting on status, owning the Account Management in the CRM.
- Identifying case study and co-marketing opportunities.
- Feeding partnership and product ideas back to leadership.
- Championing/sales of new product options and features
- 2-4 years’ B2B Tech Sales or Account Management
- Top-notch communication skills, verbal, written and negotiation
- Leadership / evangelism
- Self-organization, really detail oriented
- Be able to support after-hours events such as meetups
- Passion for startup ecosystems (show us some proof that you love this)
- Healthcare services experience NOT required (don’t want applications from – people who’ve just worked at hospitals but not tech)
- Bonus points if you have a cloud software background
- MedStack is a remote work culture company. Each team member has a distinct set of responsibilities and is self-directed, often working from home. We rely on video conferencing and heavy Slack communication extensively.
- We meet as a team at least twice a month to celebrate, speak frankly, plan, tackle challenges and learn from each other.
- We have high standards for professionalism, dynamics and a love of tough problems.. Our core product is digital security infrastructure and everything from our team processes to our brand reflects a culture of facts-first, entrepreneurship vs the status quo, celebrating our customers’ success before ours and collaboration and openness.
- We are not hierarchical and we have stringent and bold objectives on diversity and inclusion (nearly half our current team identifies as female)
- This position is entry-level salaried with a generous benefits and vacation package as well as variable commission based on customer satisfaction metrics. You will have the opportunity to partake in the company’s employee stock option plan, and there is no better time to come into an early-stage award-winning company that is redefining an industry with a strong brand.
- Shortlisted candidates will be offered a short, paid test project to work on in order to assess fit and ability.
Recruitment Agencies: Please do NOT apply