Join our Team
We are a team driven to making healthcare work better, by enabling more bold innovators to contribute solutions to patients, families, caregivers, providers, scientists and insurers. It's a huge challenge, but we are a team that embraces big problems. Do things that matter. Join us.
Content Marketing Manager
(Based in Canada, work-from-home, salaried + equity + benefits)
MedStack is on a mission to transform the process of healthcare innovation. Our company is an award-winning startup backed by prominent VCs and is a successful graduate of 500 Startups, the Creative Destruction Lab, and the DMZ Sales Accelerator. We were named a TechCrunch Top Pick in 2019, and in 2020 were recognized by the Canadian Innovation Exchange as one of Canada’s Top 20 early-stage technology companies, as well as one of the Top 50 digital health disruptors in Canada by PwC and CB Insights. We are looking to grow our team and continue this brand momentum with the addition of an experienced Content Marketing Manager to scale our content creation efforts and assist with digital marketing.
Our product is an out-of-the-box privacy compliance automation platform built specifically for digital health startups. We enable cloud healthcare application developers to build, launch, and scale digital health apps quickly, easily and affordably. Our customers are building solutions for telemedicine, mental health, smart medical devices, patient engagement, chronic condition management, genomics research, healthcare billing and more.
We are also an ecosystem: a community that champions startups and entrepreneurship. Our customers work with us and with each other to tackle the world’s biggest problem, making healthcare more efficient, accessible, economical and effective, at a time when the world needs it more than ever before.
Content marketing and digital discovery have proven to be cornerstones of our business and will continue to drive our growth in 2021 and beyond. We have a demand generation strategy that works and will continue to experiment with new growth levers. We want to empower digital health entrepreneurs with useful content about healthcare, data privacy and security, cloud technology and entrepreneurship, and excite them with the potential of what we do.
- Be the primary voice of MedStack on social media, including day-to-day content creation, scheduling and posting
- Be the primary author and manager of MedStack’s blog, working closely with those within the company as well as freelance writers to create compelling content
- Own the process for creating lead capture content that drives strong inbound interest, such as e-books and webinars
- Manage MedStack’s website and perform simple changes such as the creation of new landing pages, form edits, image updates and copy changes as needed
- Design, write and implement email marketing campaigns via HubSpot, including our monthly newsletter
- Report on and analyze monthly performance of all owned digital properties
- Develop and implement tactics to improve SEO
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing to brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
- Assist with other marketing activities such as collateral management and events
- 1-2 + years proven experience as a content marketing manager, ideally B2B SaaS
- Top-notch written communication skills, with an editorial mindset
- Experience working with digital platforms such as Google Analytics, WordPress, Twitter, LinkedIn and HubSpot
- Hands-on SEO experience
- Genuine interest in helping others
- Self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision
- Organized, detail oriented, consistent
- Thrive on juggling multiple projects at a time
- Curious with a results-driven orientation, and a passion for continuous learning
- Passion for tech, entrepreneurship and startup ecosystems
- Knowledge/background in back-end software development, DevOps, healthcare IT, cloud computing and/or cybersecurity
- Design skills would be an asset but not required
- MedStack is a remote-first company. Each team member has a distinct set of responsibilities and is self-directed, working from home. We rely on video conferencing and extensive Slack communication.
- We celebrate as a team, speak frankly, plan, tackle challenges and learn from each other.
- We have high standards for professionalism, dynamics and a love of tough problems. Our core product is digital security infrastructure and everything from our team processes to our brand reflects a culture of facts-first, entrepreneurship vs the status quo, celebrating our customers’ success before our own and collaboration and openness.
- We are a flat organization with stringent and bold objectives on diversity and inclusion. This position is salaried with a generous benefits and vacation package. You will have the opportunity to partake in the company’s employee stock option plan, and there is no better time to come into an early-stage award-winning company with a strong brand, that is redefining an entire industry.
- Shortlisted candidates will be offered a short, paid test project to assess fit and ability.
Recruitment Agencies: Please do NOT apply