Join our Team
We are a team driven to making healthcare work better, by enabling more bold innovators to contribute solutions to patients, families, caregivers, providers, scientists and insurers. It's a huge challenge, but we are a team that embraces big problems. Do things that matter. Join us.
(Based in Canada, work-from-home, salaried + commission + equity + benefits)
MedStack is on a mission to transform the process of healthcare innovation. Our company is an award-winning startup backed by prominent VCs and is a successful graduate of 500 Startups (TechCrunch pick), the Creative Destruction Lab, and the DMZ Sales Accelerator. We are looking to grow our team with the addition of an experienced Account Executive to manage relationships with prospective customers and accelerate new revenue growth.
Our product, MedStack Control, is a developer platform that allows teams to build, deploy, and audit cloud native application environments with an out-of-the-box privacy compliance solution built specifically for the needs of the digital health industry. We are able to do this by combining leading cybersecurity technology, automation tooling, and AI to deliver an end-to-end solution that automates developer operations and privacy compliance attestations.
But we are also an ecosystem – a community that champions startups and entrepreneurship. Our customers work with us and with each other to tackle the world’s biggest problem, making healthcare more efficient, accessible, economical and effective.
MedStack is primarily an inside sales organization with relatively short sales cycles working with early-to-mid-stage startup founders building digital health products. Our customers are often pre-launch, under 50 employees, and have usually raised a small amount of money from investors. We often sell directly to the founders, who typically assume the CEO and CTO roles, because of the business problems solved with MedStack Control. However, the end users of MedStack Control are those who compose the software development teams.
In this new role created to meet the demand of our growing clients and community, you will be responsible for taking prospects from initial discovery all the way through the sales cycle to close. You will develop strong business relationships, employ an empathetic sales approach and be expected to engage with developers in technical product discussions. The perfect candidate for this role is an organized, diligent, people-person, who loves the startup journey, and is willing to roll up their sleeves and deeply engage with technology entrepreneurs and software developers.
- Master the MedStack Control product and be an advocate for our platform.
- Be the first point of customer contact for potential MedStack customers:
- Schedule and conduct discovery calls with prospects.
- Conduct MedStack Control product demos, lead technical discussions and spearhead pricing negotiations.
- Internal reporting on active deals, expected close dates and new revenue projections.
- Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets.
- Learn and articulate a compelling value proposition for MedStack Control.
- Maintain a robust sales pipeline with very high CRM compliance.
- Provide feedback to marketing and product management.
- Influence the product roadmap based on developers’ needs and providing the best possible developer experience.
- Open to travel in a safe, post-pandemic environment.
- 3+ years of B2B software sales experience
- Strong technical background in the software development lifecycle and cloud native computing
- Top-notch communication skills (verbal and written)
- Genuine interest in helping others
- Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision
- History of thriving in startup environment and exceeding sales targets
- Self-organization, detail oriented, consistent
- Passion for startup ecosystems and continuous learning, with a strong preference for those with personal technology entrepreneurship experience
- MedStack is a remote-first company. Each team member has a distinct set of responsibilities and is self-directed, working from home. We rely on video conferencing and extensive Slack communication.
- We celebrate as a team, speak frankly, plan, tackle challenges and learn from each other.
- We have high standards for professionalism, dynamics and a love of tough problems. Our core product is digital security infrastructure and everything from our team processes to our brand reflects a culture of facts-first, entrepreneurship vs the status quo, celebrating our customers’ success before ours and collaboration and openness.
- We are not hierarchical and we have stringent and bold objectives on diversity and inclusion This position is salaried with a generous benefits and vacation package, and includes variable commission based on achieving sales targets. You will have the opportunity to partake in the company’s employee stock option plan, and there is no better time to come into an early-stage award-winning company that is redefining an industry with a strong brand.
- Shortlisted candidates will be offered a short, paid test project to work on in order to assess fit and ability.
Recruitment Agencies: Please do NOT apply